*this position is transient working no more than 19 hours per week*
Location: Eastern Shore. It is preferred that the candidate currently lives on the Eastern Shore.
Under the supervision of the project director, the person filling this position will manage a coalition of community partners and assist with implementation of a state-supported community-engagement grant in the Division of Community Health and Research.
- Familiarity and introductory-level understanding of public and community health and coalition processes, including management of coalition and work groups preferred.
- Understanding of marketing, including branding and public messaging, strategic planning, and writing.
- Experience with community networking, organizing, or recruitment.
- Ability to create and deliver trainings, especially in leadership.
- Must demonstrate creative approaches to health issues.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective and professional communication and interpersonal skills with colleagues, community partners and guests, including public speaking and writing.
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Constant Contact, Facebook and other content development software.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to quick changes.
- Must have transportation for travel to community partner sites (e.g. Virginia’s Eastern Shore).