(Same tasks as the PARs of the PP/Collections Department with the additional responsibility in the delegation and monitoring of the assigned tasks.)
- Payment Processing Department Functions:
- Assist in the training of the staff engaged in the posting of payments, contractual adjustments and handling of patient accounts.
- Perform the data entry of payments and contractual adjustments to the IDX Bar system in an accurate and timely fashion. To include:
- Posting of personal patient payments
- Verifying and posting commercial payments/adjustments
- Posting of BCBS, Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare, and HMO payments/adjustments
- Posting of MasterCard, Visa, American Express payments
- Electronic posting and reconciliation
- Identify and perform respective credit balance review for the processing of refunds.
- Perform the reconciliation and balancing of completed cash journals.
- Coordinate the exchange of insurance and patient information with the clinical departments and other EVMS Medical Group staff members.
- Review, correct and/or post the Medicare and BCBS edit lists from the electronic posting of the payments/adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collections Department Functions:
- Receive patient telephone calls and patient walk-ins for the establishment of appropriate payment arrangements on outstanding patient balances.
- Organize past due accounts according to the self-pay FSC (financial class status) of the patients, (self-pay, promised to pay, credit letter sent, collections).
- Assist the Manager in the review and bad debt (collection agency/attorney) adjustments of delinquent accounts.
- Forward to the patient manual itemized statements and letters as applicable.
- Refer sensitive collection issues to the Manager where applicable.
- Request financial interviews from patients to determine financial need and a payment schedule.
- Review and monitor PAR productivity and act as Manager in her/his absence.
ON THE JOB TRAINING:
- IDX system’s four-day training session.
- IDX system’s PCS and Rejection sub-system training.
- EVMS Medical Group clinical structure, policies and procedures.
PATIENT CONFIDENTIALITY MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.