- Oversee CME activities eligible for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit, ensuring that all comply with the ACCME Essential Areas, Standards, and Policies.
- Collaborate with physicians, EVMS staff and others to assist in planning, development, implementation, and assessment for single courses and other activities as deemed appropriate.
- Develop needs assessments for departments, identifying professional practice gaps and learning needs of physicians and healthcare providers.
- Develop curriculum for all EVMS departments and outside groups jointly sponsoring with EVMS.
- Develop teaching methodology associated with curriculum for CME activities.
- Identify and develop evaluation tools to be used as well as analyze data for all activities.
- Communicate regularly with course directors and document compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support and the AMA Guidelines for Gifts to Physicians from Industry.
- Assist in the recruitment of course faculty for direct and jointly sponsored activities.
- Coordinate and teach at quarterly CME staff meetings for course directors and department coordinators.
- Audit grant reports for courses and other activities within the job description on a regular basis and reconcile each account.
- Monitor programming in accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education’s Standards for Commercial Support and the Office of CME monitoring report policy.
- Prepare applications and planning of all activities within the job description.
- Facilitate all aspects of CME activities, including honoraria and travel expenses for faculty associated with the activities.
- Audit and evaluate CME activities for quality and compliance with the ACCME and Office of CME policies.
- Assist the CME Director as necessary to meet the goals and mission of Eastern Virginia Medical School and the Office of CME.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Serving as a change agent for our medical school and community physicians, residents, and healthcare providers, the CME coordinator should have the skills to develop needs assessment, curriculum, learning/teaching methodology, outcomes assessment, as well as manage logistics of CME activities as discussed in the job description. Comply with all regulatory boards, such as the ACCME, AMA, FDA and Office of Inspector General.